Highwater 2024

You are not signed in. Login or Register

Back to Music Festivals

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
    katepbryan
    Participant

Here’s my review of the festival for Extra Chill: https://extrachill.com/high-water-festival-2024-review

chubes
    HMFIC

And my review, which is titled: How High Water Festival Could Do More for Charleston, SC

I talk about the lack of local representation, cultural representation, Liquid Death at $6 per can, and the 25% merch cut that the festival took from artists.

joel8x
    Participant

I left both days quite early (mostly because of the weather on each day). I went with a VIP ticket and I WAS STILL PISSED at how much they continue to fuck over GA ticket holders. It’s offensive to have 90% of one of the stages blocked off for VIP/Platinum. I can’t imagine what that feels like for an artist to see their fans nearly half a football field away while you play to a mostly empty privileged section. As one of those people in the VIP section, I felt out of place and disconnected from the whole vibe of being at a show. During Babe Club I ended up going over to the GA section since people there were actually dancing and vibing. Sure, it’s was great to have nicer bathrooms and such, but the fact that they took away most of the shaded areas from GA so I could have a comfy poop is even more discomforting than squatting in a port-a-potty. Do we really need a class war at a music festival? Regular life is hard enough. Just make it all GA and equally accessible – You can do that by not blowing your budget booking TikTok famous pop stars and milking every last cent out of people while giving them less. It’s not just Highwater either. I’m going to Shaky Knees today and after last year’s changes I simply don’t have my hopes up. These festivals keep chipping away at what made them great to begin with and they’re all starting to feel like a chore to attend.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Users Currently Online: 0

Most Ever Online: 8 on 02/06/2024

Total Members: 210