Best 2000s Pop-Punk/Emo Music

You are not signed in. Login or Register

Back to Music Discovery

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
    heaven_scent
    Don't You Dare Forget

Hey everybody! I’ve been reading the forum for a few weeks and it’s been really cool to watch it unfold so far. 2000s pop-punk music is my jam, so for my first ever thread I thought I would create a place for people to share the best classics from the genre!

There are so many good bands, and for a while growing up it seemed like everybody was listening to emo music. Alas, like all great things it must end, and public interest has shifted to other types of music.

And, of course, some of the bands have not aged well, for various reasons (ahem.. the accusations). That said, there are still so many good songs from this genre, and I still listen to pop-punk music almost every day even though I’m now in my 30s. So, here we are.

To start this off, I’m going to share one of my all-time favorites. Yes, I decided to start with just one!

And that one is “Ocean Avenue” by Yellowcard. This is one of the first pop-punk songs I heard and today it’s such an iconic representation of the sound. Accessible, catchy, and best played at high volume.

I’ve got plenty more where this came from, but I want to hear from the community! What are your favorites?

chubes
    HMFIC

I’m so game for this topic. “Ocean Avenue” is also a nostalgic favorite of mine, but I’m going to start with some big heat.

Speaking of artists that got cancelled…

I present, “Seventy Times Seven” by Brand New

heaven_scent
    Don't You Dare Forget

Yeah! Big Brand New Fan here!

How about the Taking Back Sunday counterpart to “Seventy Times Seven” … “There’s No ‘I’ In Team”

Did you know that these bands had a beef?

MauricioFlores97
    Participant

I don’t know, I think you are being too soft. The best is the loud stuff to me. How about Senses Fail? Most of this record stands in the top of this genre. It is the perfect balance between screaming and pop-rock vocals.

MarleyFacedBoy
    Gamehendge Liaison

Northstar doesn’t get talked about enough imo

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Users Currently Online: 0

Most Ever Online: 8 on 02/06/2024

Total Members: 203